Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other fish can I keep together with my gold fishes?

What other fish can I keep together with my gold fishes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any ideas what other fishes can I keep in my gold fish tank. Currently I have 4 gold fishes in a 3 feet tank. I'm thinking keeping other species inside this tank.

Feedback Score
    hi,I have these fishes kept with my orandas, ranchus, bubble-eye, rukyin.

[Corydoras]
    are with those smaller GF as my 6" oranda tried to swallow it but got hurt by cory's spine.
    [Albino algea eaters and OTOs]
    Kept young ones as adult attack GF at nite, most algea eater like the slime coat of GF.
    [Black neon tetras]
    Tried neon tetra, but too slow, always got eaten up.
    [Angel Fish]
    I have quite a few, heard that they prevent GF parasites.

Actually I tried Discus with a few slower GF, but hardtime feeding discus and PH diff. Koi and Fairy Koi are nice if u dont mind about the size[]

,GF

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    pig nose turtle

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry.. side track a bit.. GF, the beef heart u gave me.. my fishes whack them like i whack satay.. hahaha.. thanks for them...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    kelstorm,

hahaha[] [] ...probally its bec' of the shape I cut, looks like those seafood satay stick..... if finish fast i can pass u somemore....so near too[:]

Impressive filter system u've got there, I got inspired after that, cant stop thinkg abt revamping my system..hehehe

regards,GF

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BTW, thanks kel, for the live demo cum lecture of your marine setup!
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Law i saw your name and i thought you are gonna say goldfish can be put with lion fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahahaha.. yeah, i crazy about lionfishes already...

Actually, goldfish can be put with lionfish, but only until the lionfish gets hungry
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    GF and Law.. u are welcome lah.. actually it is nothing.. i'm sure planted tank require more attention than my tank.. hahaha.. and as for the BH, never mind lah.. once finish.. i think i get it for my fishes lah.. if not, we can share lor.. coz me gonna give it to them once a month.. hahaha...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Law.. dun feed your lionfish with goldfishes lah.. it is not good for them... feeder fishes can convert.. but not goldfishes.. if can feed it with goldfish.. u can go to GF's house and while he is not looking.. kapo a few of his ranchus or goldfishes..lor.. hahaha...
    btw, GF... me not talking abt u.. me talking abt other gf.. eg.. girlfriend.. hahahaha....

goldfish in lionfish tank = dinner!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, maybe kop a few GF from GF.. hehehe..

If I do that, he's not going to talk to me for the rest of my life man... hehehehe....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    aiyoh.. tell him that it is there.. just an illusion lah.. hahahaha.a.....

GF.. is that little maintenance concept starting to creep up to u??? hahaha..

Feedback Score
    Hello! Bros.... Keep away frm my "GF" man.... I think must get lock&key liao, maybe invent one set and market it to Aro & $68K LH owners.... .Talkg abt marketing, Kel, u have protential of a gd sales manager ..after yr presentatn....heehee. Ya, abt the filter sys.,after the visit,look at my present setup,feel it's not enough and its quite impossible to not change water like u do...sign

Law,y not u try the GF at yr gf's ..... then u sure kana....hahaha

,GF

Feedback Score
    chyebeng,
    pardon for the sidetrack...

Jus curious,is yr 3feet planted? any gravel?
    ,GF

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well.. if u do invent one.. do let me do the marketing for u.. hahaha.. must put my learning to good use.. hahaha.. btw, i never knew that Law's gf keep GF.. in that case, u had better come up with the invention fast.. if not, next time, u gonna find the fishes dun recognise u.. coz they had been switched!!!!.. hahha..
    well.. perhaps we can exchange pointers on filtration methods lor.. likewise, when u go down to seletar.. chio me along lor.. hahhaa..

GF,

No problems,

Mine is a 3 feet tank with gravel and external filter but no plant. Got four 2 ins gold fish. Looks kind of empty.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    chyebeng,
    do get more fishes lor.. especially those bottom dwellers.. like corys...

Ya, I'm think of getting more fish, that's why I here to consult the experts. Gold fish are not exactly hardy fish, that's why I'm worried that by introducing the wrong type of fish into the tank, it might cause some ill effect.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me ain't no expert in FW.. but i do know that corys are safe with gf.. they go abt their own business and dun bother abt the rest...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha.. ya man, confirm kena from her if I get her goldfish to feed my lionfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast