Images
    Country
    Singapore

Plant ID assistance

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Is this c.parva? If not, what is this leh?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, it look like one, some more with spotted algae..sign of slow growth.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This plant really grows extremely slow. Anyone has this and 100% sure it is c.parva?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes its parva. Crypts are by nature slow growing... If you are intending to grow it as a foreground then you should be very patient...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup gonna be bery bery bery patient with this guy. It has grown quite a few new buds over the past 3 months in my tank. Extremely slow but I can wait.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    try to grow it without th ealgae, its very challenging...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why do you growing parva without algae is impossible? I'll tell you that it is possible as long as you keep up with stuff like CO2 and nutrients. Joe, something is not right in your tank now. Do you have any idea what the CO2 level is at during the photoperiod? What kind of substrate are you using? Fert regime? Frequency of dosing? You need to work on it now before you might lose all those to the algae. It can be done..

Oh...those algae on the c.parva looks like BBA to me...Plain CO2 issue.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:7e45173ff6="PeterGwee"]Why do you growing parva without algae is impossible?[/quote:7e45173ff6]

Peter, I didn't say it is impossible...just challenging...saw the algae and thought that it might be exciting to create some challenge in life...That is how I keep my interest going...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You guys should have seen the bushes of BBA before this picture man!!! Well I've pumped up the CO2 and the BGA and BBA algae are slowing down quite a bit.

As for the tank, the kh is aroung 4 to 5 and ph is around 6.6. So CO2 looks alrite. Substrate is Dennerle gravel of a very thing layer of JBL base fert.

As for fertilisation, use to depend on TMG (1ml daily)and K2PO4 (1/8 tspoon twice weekly) but seems to gimme Ca deficiency. Recently I've switched to Seachem Flourish (2.5ml twice weekly) and Equilibrium (1/8 tspoon twice weekly). Also adding KNO3 1/8 teaspoon weekly and a few grains of KH2PO4. We'll see how it goes.

Lastly, this thread was meant to ID this plant cos Teo gimme another crypt and said it was c.parva but I did not think so. Its more like c.lucens

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Might as well add mine is a 45x30x30cm tank with 91W of lights!!!

Hehee dun ask me why so high but I was testing Amano's concept of higher wattage with a smaller tank. Anyway now I've taken 36W off and its running on 55W.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Joe, what are you trying to grow here with that amount of light!!! Even cactus don't need that much light. Drop the light down to 30W should do for the tank. With that amount of light you have over your tank, you definitely need to dose 3x plus an addition of a mega dose just before the day of water change to feed the plants well.

I'll recommend you to drop the light first but if you insist, you can do the following.
    Prune and remove all traces of algae.
    Clean filter.
    Do a large 50% water change (Do more than 50% water change if mega dose is needed.)
    Add back loads of plants if pruning is excessive.
    Crank the CO2 up and keep it close to the 30ppm mark for the entire photoperiod and keep it there consistently.
    Slightly more than 1/16 tsp of KNO3 3x a week (Cut back on the KNO3 dosing for the first dose of the week by half if mega dose is done)
    1 tiny pea grain of KH2PO4 3x a week (Cut back on the KH2PO4 dosing by half for the first dose of the week if mega dose is done.)
    3ml of TMG 3x per week

+ Mega dose 12-24hrs before a water change of 70-80% (Addition of KNO3 and KH2PO4 only for mega dose)
    2x the amount of KNO3 recommended
    2x the amount of KH2PO4 recommended

Repeat weekly.

Make sure to keep a very close watch on the CO2. Error on the higher side for this amount of light. If you slack on this, things can go wrong very quickly.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Peter, thanks for the suggestion. I'm using Seachem Flourish for the traces as TMG is missing Ca and my plants are showing Ca deficiency even though I have a small handful of coral chips in the tank. Will monitor and see how

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi joe, sorry to interupt yr topic... what is the name of the plant behind c.parva?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The plant behind is Lobelia Cardinalis, a very nice plant!!!

Just for info, c.parva was spotted at Keong Seng during lunch today

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:a7554267cb="joe"]The plant behind is Lobelia Cardinalis, a very nice plant!!!

Just for info, c.parva was spotted at Keong Seng during lunch today [/quote:a7554267cb]

thanks... where did u get it from?