Country
    Singapore

Re: URGENT Chiller Problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by MCE View Post
    That connector is commonly used in LED light. Any shop sell led should have it or savage it from those discarded led
    Temp probe: looks like those digital temp kit at aquarium shop will do?Attachment 49026

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure about that. Best is to go buy from Sim lim tower Ace instruments (NT-103AT-11) type. Only $20.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Salvage/Got a LED Connector - female to male and,
    Get a External temperature probe / wire to connect to the Controller via the above.

ATTACH]49052[/ATTACH]Attachment 49053Attachment 49056

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, need help on the following. I bought a 15L chiller from taobao. Used it for 2 months already and it is working fine. Usual reading on the temperature diplays reads 25 -27 degrees Celsius and temp is set at 26 degrees. However, one night the reading is 95 degrees Celsius and steady rising and hence the chiller was kicking unlimited. Now it reads 100 odd degree Celsius. Could be the external temp probe be faulty?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is it a compressor refrigerant chiller or a thermoelectric chiller?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Should thermoelectric chiller i guess. did not hear any compression pump running. here is the link on taboo. http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/deta...08&toSite=main

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Okay, here goes:

1st, I forgot to mention one thing in my previous post, & that is, the shop which I need to modification to the non-probe end of the external temperature probe (as well as made an additional "plug-&-play" cable extender) is Silicon Electronics #03-02 Sim Lim Tower. I also wish to point out it is still open around on Saturday noon.

Moving on to installing the probe onto the chiller. It is extremely fuss-free when I don't have to solder anything. It would have taken me less than 5 minutes, but then I was taking photos.

The first thing to do is to remove the front-facing cover of the chiller; which is secured only by a single screw (in the case of the HS-28A) at the bottom of the casing. There is no need to remove the other screws along the sides of the chiller casing. After opening it up, you will be presented with this:

More importantly, this is a close-up of the existing probe connection I saw in my unit:

Secondly, unhinge/disconnect the cables from one another. To elaborate, if one never handles this form of connection before, note that there is a "small latch" on the female connector which you have to press to enable you to gently wriggle the male end out. Do not just pull both ends from one another.

Thirdly:

(Left to right: unused terminal of the existing temperature probe; to-be-used terminal with the female connector end; male-end of the new, external temperature probe)

Connect the male end of your new external probe to the in-place female end. I wound the unused ol' male end to ensure it doesn't accidentally touch anything else in the chiller. I suppose you can cable-tie it to some other rigid structure in the chiller.

Fourthly,

Figure out how you want to thread the connection beyond your chiller casing & replace your front cover. In my case, I chosed not to thread it through the airfilter vents & instead use the minuscule gap between the LCD panel & its cut-out. & you are done with the modification!

In my case, my chiller will be placed rather far from my tank, so as you can see, instead of connecting the external probe directly to the female connector inside the chiller, I "slipped" in an additional cable extension.

Update: I realise that I do not know what will happen if some itchy hands disconnect this additional connection while the chiller is in operation. So, you may wish to secure the connection with black-tape.

So that's about it. I haven't turn on my own HS-28A yet, so don't hold me responsible if you try this & it explodes. I'm just sharing some photos of what you may see.

Really have to be thankful to the first fellow (whoever he/she is) that identified which cable is connected to the internal temperature probe. If I were to go the soldering route, I may not know which existing connection to severe & solder.
    can I say that the original male end will not be use right? Will connect the new probe male end to the female end right?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I just bought from lazada http://www.lazada.sg/waterproof-temp...l-5182166.html. if you can afford to wait.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Ng View Post
    I just bought from lazada http://www.lazada.sg/waterproof-temp...l-5182166.html. if you can afford to wait.
    I bought this. There are 3 wires (red, black, and yellow). May I know which two wires you used?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ringd...3Tehq&search=1

I think this might be far simpler. It's an external temperature probe that you connect the power supply of your chiller too.

advantages:
    1. not expensive.
    2. do not need to tinker or modify chiller in any way.
    3. now you have 2 backup thermometers (one in your chiller and this external one). So if either temperature sensor fails, the other will still act as a backup

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

Please tell me the problem, may be it can be solved easily.

its a very easy problem to solved if it's the temperature issue.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I only realise I have a chiller issue when my tank have condensation for the last 3 days.

My temp setting is 24C but the chiller panel showing 27C. It means at least for last 3 days the compressor have been running non-stop because of false reading.

I took out a standby temperature meter and was shock my actual water parameter is 20.5C. No wonder all the condensation.

My chiller is exactly like the TS chiller, the Hailea Hs-28a. I've mod an external temp NTC probe like many others and replacing it every year but lucky I made the wiring possible to reconnect the original built in temp probe if the external spoiled.

Rewiring the original, reading was slightly out by 1C at 21.5C. I look high and low for the manual online but failed to find the buttons to calibrate the temp. After hours of searching the manual, luckily manage to find. So I'm going to write here how to set and calibrate this particular model for everyone and myself for reference.

To set temp low limit ( No high limit set point)
    - Press SET until led blinks
    - Press the up or down arrow to adjust
    - Press SET again to save and end.

To calibrate temp
    - Press both the up AND down button for 6 sec
    - Led will show 0.0 value
    - Adjust up or down button from -1.5 to 1.5 to calibrate value. It will minus or add from the current temp reading shown when in normal mode.
    - Press SET when done.
    eg. If normal running is 28C but using another temp monitor it is 27C, so adjust calibrate value to -1.0 to get the accurate reading when in operation, which will be 28-1.0.= 27C

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If the temp range goes beyond -1.5c or +1.5c, then you need to get a new temp probe.

If that still does not solve the issue then maybe you need a new chiller. That is not cheap.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

My HC-130A had a faulty internal probe, and I hardly used the internal probe, but find it more safer, I have now changed to the probe and got 2 more spare probe, as well as 10 external probe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi everyone,
    I am grateful for this life saving hack!

how do you guys straighten the probe and hide it in the tank aesthetically?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123