-1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

internal reactor not working

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After I try to inject more co2 my reactor ball keep jamming when co2 reach a certain level. tried to fill it with ceremic and remove the three reactor ball seems tat co2 dun dissolve more than the ball. any other ideas? using atman 3338 to react with the reactor. any comment?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It just means you are injecting CO2 faster then it can dissolve, reduce the CO2 rate.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I m trying to maintain 3bps to achieve 20-30ppm co2. If i lower think algae will grow rite?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe it's telling you to consider getting a better reactor. All that leftover CO2 will still be dissolving in the reactor after "lights out", which is simply a waste.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore
    tat y i am asking if there is a better way to dissolve the co2 in that reactor

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Probably you need a bigger reactor or longer. For my 5 feet, I bought the taiwan brand green reactor which has three sections interconnecting. And I used a powerhead to drive the reactor instead of using the outlet of my filter. Still I have air inside the reactor after several hours, but it is not necessarily all is CO2. In a way, I felt that I have kept the CO2 in the reactor long enough for it to dissolve with water even it does bubble out from the spray bar(1 inch above the substrates), which I joined to the outllet of the reactor.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Blurrblurr, how big is your tank by the way? Try running the reactor with a separate powerhead instead of the filter outlet. Filters slow down due to clogging and that can have an impact on the amount of CO2 being dissolved from time to time. You can feed the CO2 bubbles into the powerhead and tied off the CO2 injection point at the reactor itself. Just make sure the orientation of the powerhead is such that the suction side is facing the water surface but well below it so that once the powerhead is off, the excess bubbles burps off instead of filling up the impeller chamber thus causing an airlock. 300g/hr of flow should be enough to drive a reactor for a 4footer. As long as not much bubbles are not blowing off from the bottom of the reactor before it reaches 30ppm, more flow in/out of the reactor is better. (Faster response time).

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    I use to have that problem also... 1 of the things that you can try is to fully submerge the reactor into water and tilt it a bit..