Images
    Country
    Australia

Just want to know how it cost for adult (male) peppermint c

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just want to know how it cost for adult (male) peppermint catfish in SG.
    Are they easily available. How about young and adult royal panaque?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/8/2002 1:45:45 PM

Just want to know how it cost for adult (male) peppermint catfish in SG.

Are they easily available. How about young and adult royal panaque?

Thanks
    ----------------
    ikan ! an adult ( male ) peppermint suckermouth catfish cost about 50 bucks in SG. They're a seasonal fish, normally around june/jul/aug they should be available in the lfs, cheers []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Akoh. That is interesting, it cost almost the same with zebra pleco.
    They cost me $25 each for young peppermint 1 year ago from a breeder. Shop price now 4 for $150. I must say we have quite a few good breeder here in Perth. Want to buy royal panaque they have two in Melbourne only cost $1000 each!! Bargain huh.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/11/2002 9:39:06 AM

Akoh. That is interesting, it cost almost the same with zebra pleco.
    They cost me $25 each for young peppermint 1 year ago from a breeder. Shop price now 4 for $150. I must say we have quite a few good breeder here in Perth. Want to buy royal panaque they have two in Melbourne only cost $1000 each!! Bargain huh.
    ----------------
    Ikan ! Peppermint is hard to come by lately ! hence the $ is almost the same as Zebra.
    Royal Panaque cost $1000 each in Melbourne ! [:0], how big is the fish ?. A 3" Royal Panaque only cost about 50 bucks in SG. I have a 10" Royal Panaque ( and a few small ones ) which have been with me since I started collecting this L series ! , man ! wonder how much this fellow can fetch in OZ [], cheers !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Akoh. Nice to have fish like Panaque. The $1000 is full grown, the young ones 2 - 3 inches cost about $800. I know it's cheap in SG, I saw few at Clementi and Pet Safari last time. Apparently Panaque has been successfully bred in large aquarium like 8x2x2. We have the space here but not the fish, while you have the fish maybe not the space.
    So far for Zebra catfish, few people that have them in Perth have not be able to breed them yet.
    I bought 4 alt. calvus on the weekend for my tanganyikan tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ikan ! well ! we win some we lose some !.
    I just pick up two Farlowella Vittata ( common Twig Suckermouth catfish ) over the weekend !( from Gan's FF ) , are this available in OZ ? Cheers !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Akoh. Twig catfish is readily available here in Perth, mostly the large ones in my LFS. Also the royal whiptail also available. I prefer royal whiptail but they don't last very long in my tank. I have tried many times now I don't buy it anymore. The LFS said that they need apple snail to survive!!! Last week I went to this guy that breeds tropheus, had interesting conversation with him. I always like the shape of tropheus but never keep it. My LFS had two glod nugget plecos last year, they went for $1200 and $1000. People still willing to buy them somehow. I think if I buy one I have to lie to my wife[] []. I saw very nice one at the Pet Safari last year for $250 that I think expensive for Singapore price.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/11/2002 1:31:26 PM
    My LFS had two glod nugget plecos last year, they went for $1200 and $1000. People still willing to buy them somehow. I think if I buy one I have to lie to my wife[] []. I saw very nice one at the Pet Safari last year for $250 that I think expensive for Singapore price.
    ----------------
    ikan ! gold nugget cost about 50 bucks in most LFS. Pet Safari Prices are known to be steeper than the rest ! cheers []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !