Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is there a problem with the solenoid?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Is there a problem with the solenoid?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    , recently bought a CO2 cylinder with JBJ solenoid from NA. No problems yet but i noticed tat when the power supply is cut off, bubbles can be seen released in the bubble counter at a slower rate.
    Initially i tot tat its a delay effect so i wait till the next day b4 lights on, the is still bubble but at a very slow rate like 1 bubble a few minutes. Is this normal? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    When power is cut off there should be some left over bubble release like 1-5 bubbles. All together I have three CO2 setup but never encounter the same like you.

I would consider that the unit did not seal the ring after being cut off.

Bregds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    When my valve shuts, the bubbles will continue for like an hour while the gauge slowly drop from 1000 - 0, probably the leftover CO2 outside the valve.

Never so serious liek yours. Better check. might be defective.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

My stops bubbling a few secsonds after turning of the solenoid.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9bcbcb515f="Aeon"]When my valve shuts, the bubbles will continue for like an hour while the gauge slowly drop from 1000 - 0, probably the leftover CO2 outside the valve.

Never so serious liek yours. Better check. might be defective.[/quote:9bcbcb515f]

How come, my guage remains the same. I just called Mr Chan n ask him about it. He says tat maybe the inside of the solenoid dirty that prevent it to close fully. He suggest tat i bring it to him to clean. Thanks for all the help.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Re:

[quote:7ec6b03ec5="Aeon"]................the gauge slowly drop from 1000 - 0, ...........................[/quote:7ec6b03ec5]

looks like your solenoid is connected to a 'manual regulator'. the so called regulator is nothing more than a valve. solenoid is usually rated to 10bars (~145psi) only. would be better if you get a proper regulator, which regulates the output pressure to < 60psi.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:e3a16227f3="tawauboy"][quote:e3a16227f3="Aeon"]................the gauge slowly drop from 1000 - 0, ...........................[/quote:e3a16227f3]

looks like your solenoid is connected to a 'manual regulator'. the so called regulator is nothing more than a valve. solenoid is usually rated to 10bars (~145psi) only. would be better if you get a proper regulator, which regulates the output pressure to < 60psi.[/quote:e3a16227f3]

Sorry I was meaning when I turn the master valve closed. I have a solenoid, lol!
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aeon

Those times when you turned off your main top cylinder valve, was your solenoid on the "operation" mode"? And why would you want to or have to turn off your main valve? I've never once touched the main once since I connected my CO2 set although I know I'll need to if I hear some hissing sound, or see some UFO flying around in the housemrgreen:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:4f7c8934ec="Aeon"][quote:4f7c8934ec="tawauboy"][quote:4f7c8934ec="Aeon"]................the gauge slowly drop from 1000 - 0, ...........................[/quote:4f7c8934ec]

looks like your solenoid is connected to a 'manual regulator'. the so called regulator is nothing more than a valve. solenoid is usually rated to 10bars (~145psi) only. would be better if you get a proper regulator, which regulates the output pressure to < 60psi.[/quote:4f7c8934ec]

Sorry I was meaning when I turn the master valve closed. I have a solenoid, lol!
    [/quote:4f7c8934ec]

By master valve, I assume you are talking about the main valve on the cylinder... ie the one behind the gauges.

If you turn off the main valve and your solenoid is off or your needle valve is closed tight (i.e. you are not out-gassing), the readings in either gauge should not drop at all. If the cylinder pressure gauge drops in this case, it means there is a leak somewhere in the regulator or solenoid.

In fact, Chan recommends this method to check for leakage in these 2 devices.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    phew...found this thread.

ok...i have the same prob.but...the thing is....if i did not switch on the solenoid...and i turned the valve(the fine tune one)...i realise that i can actually control the bps.meaning,the solenoid is not doing it job!

er...wat should i do?bring it to NA for QA inspection?but i didnt buy mine from him.how ah?any idea he will still help?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oops..i tink mine is ok now...must be those leftovers. :P