Country
    Singapore

lemon tetra

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All

Previously i had 75 cardinals in my 4ft tank and the cardinals looked so peaceful, swimming from one point to another. However, recently, i added in 10 lemon tetras and i noticed that the lemons are chasing each other and sometime, attacking the cardinals. Now i began to dislike the lemon tetras as their movement are too fast and spoil the peace... I intend to keep some angel fish later on but worried that the lemon will play havoc on the angels. Anyone has any experience with lemon before?

i do not know the exact name but the LFS told me it is called "lemon tetra". They are bigger than cardinals, yellow colour, body slightly rounded, black tail with 2 white spots at the end of the tail. Now i am regretting.....

You can check out how it looks like at http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/glemont.html

Well I am not sure what is lemon tetra but I can't tell you that your angel fish will cause more problem for you if you were to add them into your tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

lemon tetra

Hi jeff

I always see showcase tanks of angel and tetra.. u mean they are incompatible? care to share your experience if you have them before in a same tank?

Feedback Score
    Lemon tetras won't bother angel fish, I had them in the same tank for a while. Of course it could have been that the silvertip tetras were doing too good of a job attacking everything.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually it all depends on your tank size. If there is room for the angel fish to swim, it is then unlikely to attack other fishes. However angel fishes are not really community fishes. I had experiences of angel fishes attacking each other, (the way and sight they attack each other is really ' painful' ), right down to only 2 survivors - I guess they are trying to mate, and indeed, they lay eggs. Mine was a 2ft tank with 6 angel fishes then.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is your cardinal? Angels do consume fish that can fit in their mouth.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

when angelfish have pair up with their mating partner, they will attack the rest of the angel and in some case killing them. Angel fish belong to the Cilhlids family so they tend to eat smaller fishes. Unless you think your tetras won't fit into their mouth if not I think you better think of other mates for the tetras

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

lemon tetra

Hi all, thanks for the replies

My tank is 4ft.

Funny thing is that when i read other website for lemon tetra, all seem to say Lemons are peaceful fish.. but i see them attack'g and chasing each other 24hrs a day.

My tetras are all infants, about 2 cm average..Bought them in 2 bulks. One batch is obviously nicer colour then the other. Very deep red and the other batch pink!!!!!! Duno why??? perhaps within cardinals, there are grades...

As regards Angels, maybe i get baby angels first to get them used to each other.. where can i find nice altum???