Images
    Country
    Singapore

Trays for Emersed plants

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Emersed plant set up from a friend from APC, Justin Fournier.

[quote:e8fe095e79="Justin Fournier"]Some info from his post in APC :
    Second tray is going up tomorrow with 20x20 heating pad and same 130W of CF, just turning the bulbs so they run across both trays, and possibly lowering them.

Don't mind the algae on the peat, it pops up where the light is not shaded by plants. It's somewhat unavoidable until the leaves fill in more.

I decided to increase to two trays because I am out of space, and the plants are growing wide and short, maybe because the light intensity is very high. I hope to get them to stretch a little by spreading the light. We will see in the following weeks how they are effected.[/quote:e8fe095e79]
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice plants and well organised.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    very nice trays... any idea where he got them from?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Probably somewhere in the US? :P

Anyway, you should be able to find similar systems in the larger plant nurseries.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think its a DIY effort.

I think you can use those trays used for mooncakes.

BTW justin is sending me one of his emersed plant

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not necessary to separate the plants into pots right? Unless you want to trade them?
    You can use a big flat planter and do it like what Teo has in his cement tanks at his plant farm.
    Or still use your tau huay containers and put them in a box.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    So far, I only have good results growin echinodorus emersed. The crypts usually grow well for the start and wither away, probably due to dry air and pots. Hopefully I can find some place to house this type of setup soon.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The mooncakes one not deep enough...
    The Wendtii's look very healthy...wonder what fert he feeds them with...

Vincent, any idea if he trades... Or do you have something interesting?
    indian red or something interesting from the US?

Roland, still owe you the pics...

Anyway, back to the topic...you will probably need a highly moist envn i.e. covered up thingy during the initial period of the conversion here...thereafter you should be able to put them out under the shade openair... I put my parva out and it even flowered...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi gchoo!

Any tricks on growing crypts? How to make them flower? My brown C Wendii turns green after growing it emersed? I wonder why? I placed them in a slightly shaded area with gravel size of approximately 6-8mm mixed with normal potting fertilizers, the same way I grew my E Osiris. By the way, my E Osiris has sprung back to life and grew 3 new leaves. I guess it went into dormancy when I shifted it to a more shaded area.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey gchoo,

I have some echinodorus red special, echinodorus kleiner bar, harbich and gabrieli coming in. Next down the list is tricolor

Anyway, i have some becketii, balansae and walkeri in emersed form. They are okie right now, not as healthy as justin's but still doing fine. Wonder if they will grow okie.

I am using peat base with aquarium gravel sprinkled on top. The base i mixed with root monster and some iron tabs. I saw some new growth in my becketii but the older leaves are yellowing out. Will inform you all of the outcome in a few weeks time.

CHeers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:7905fa8f86="kadios"]Hi gchoo!

Any tricks on growing crypts? How to make them flower? My brown C Wendii turns green after growing it emersed? I wonder why? I placed them in a slightly shaded area with gravel size of approximately 6-8mm mixed with normal potting fertilizers, the same way I grew my E Osiris. By the way, my E Osiris has sprung back to life and grew 3 new leaves. I guess it went into dormancy when I shifted it to a more shaded area.

Cheers![/quote:7905fa8f86]

Bro, pls dont expect your emmersed wendtii to still be brown in emmersed form... IT will be green!!! Wendtii Brown, Mi Oya, Tropica, Green all are difficult to diffentiate when in the emmersed form... gotta look at the flowers...

Crypts are slow growing so dont expect them to pop up flowers every week or two... gotta have patience... at least the leaves dont melt...

Put a monster root near the roots of your Osiris to get it to grow faster and stronger..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:e3ca9e7bb1="TanVincent"]Hey gchoo,

I have some echinodorus red special, echinodorus kleiner bar, harbich and gabrieli coming in. Next down the list is tricolor

Anyway, i have some becketii, balansae and walkeri in emersed form. They are okie right now, not as healthy as justin's but still doing fine. Wonder if they will grow okie.

I am using peat base with aquarium gravel sprinkled on top. The base i mixed with root monster and some iron tabs. I saw some new growth in my becketii but the older leaves are yellowing out. Will inform you all of the outcome in a few weeks time.

CHeers
    Vincent[/quote:e3ca9e7bb1]

I think they should be fine as long as the head portion is not soft...
    I have some spare nisso sand so am using it together with my Brustmann powder to grow them... I also spare them with water twice a day to help keep the humidity...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    for those who is interested in getting the tray, it can be found at Far East Flora. Comes in 2 sizes