Country
    Singapore

Info needed on these 2 brands of chiller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,

I come across this brand call Daeilace which is exactly the same as Arctica. The model (DBE 200) has the same spec, design and user manual, etc. I suspect Arctica (US) OEM this chiller from Daeilace (Korea)

Although Arctica comes with 2 year warranty and 2 free maintanence whereas Daeilace comes with only 1 year warranty and no maintanence, the price different (IMO) is still more attractive to get Daeilace.

Anyone out there who is sourcing for chiller come across these 2 brands care to share some info and comments.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Err... not sure if my info is accurate. One of the LFS I spoke to (just a retailer selling Artica, distributor/agent of neither) told me the circuitry inside may be different... and that some of the settings may be different. In paricular, he pointed out that one of them has smaller intervals for the temperature setting. But if you say the manual are identical, then I'm wondering if that info is accurate.

Whats the price diff, btw?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Vinz,

Thanks for the update. the price diff is about $600!! you can so many other things with this amt.

I went to Bioplast to check out this Korean brand of chiller and the info is what ah tan updated me. BTW, which lfs did you talk to? maybe i can find out more from them.

I try to logon to Daeilace.com but all are in korean. don't understand a thing, therefore can't really compare the spec at this point of time.

Those folks who are using Daeilace care to comment!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ocean Planet. It's a marine shop. You'll have to find the address and contact details yourself. I only remember Oxford St. (or Rd or ...).

OP seems to have tested out most of the chillers and he gets feedback from his customers, so he can tell you roughly which is good/bad, quiet/noisy, efficient, etc.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    artica costs much more, but only in singapore. if you check out some websites in the USA, its CHEAP.
    --
    as for whether they have the same internals... guess only someone who has opened both will know. what I heard was claimed was that artica has titanium coils inside while the korean doesn't.

but the main decision for me to use artica was
    a) two year on site warranty

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Loupgarou,

Thanks for the update. BTW can you let me know which US website selling Arctica cheaply. Just want to know how much is the diff.

I also found out from Arctica local distributor that the spec for these 2 brands are the same. still think whether should i pay the diff for additional warranty and on site maintanence?