Country
    Singapore

pump for co2

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie with planted tank. I managed to get my diy co2 running. But, I hv a question with the co2 reactor. I use a small made in china submersible pump to create a swirl for the co2 in a bottle. But I read somewhere that I should not run the reactor in the night time, so I switch off the pump at night. But, the co2 would go into the pump and in the morning when I switch it on, it doesn't pump water anymore. I HAVE to disconnect the airline and run the co2 out before the pump can work again. Pardon my long story here, but does anyone know what pump I can use so that I won't HAVE this problem? My tank is 10 gallon. I'm looking for a small and cheap pump. Thanks for sharing your advise and tips!
    Last edited by felix_fx2; 6th Feb 2013 at 10:20. Reason: sms lingo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: pump for co2

turn the pump with intake facing up, then the air bubbles won't get trapped.

FYI, please read the language usage.
    SMS lingo are not encouraged to be used in AQ.

Here's the link to it - SMS and IM Lingo Rules
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: pump for co2

Actually it's ok to leave the pump running at night, especially since you are using DIY CO2.

However, if you notice fish gasping at the surface, you should turn off the CO2 at night.

If that is the case, you can use a Y or T shaped airline connector in your CO2 setup. The open end of the Y connector should be 'stoppered' during the day. At night, you can simply remove the stopper, and the CO2 will escape through the open end.