Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ehiem Eco Pro 2036 help needed.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    just bought the above filter for less than a week.

filled up with water then primed it.. then started the filtering.

however any bros here encounters the " short burst of bubbles or water gush ?"
    keep having the sound occasionally as if theres air bubbles or theres not enough force to push the water or something. makes me kinda worried.

because of this, i suspect its the reason why half the tank of my life stock died...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ehiem Eco Pro 2036 help needed.

It will take a while for the bubbles ibsude the filter to clear.
    Try give a gentle shake, you might hear it again.

your filter still has not established it's bb
    but not likely is the sole cause.

can I know how long the livestock already in tank before you started using the canister

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by marx View Post
    just bought the above filter for less than a week.

filled up with water then primed it.. then started the filtering.

however any bros here encounters the " short burst of bubbles or water gush ?"
    keep having the sound occasionally as if theres air bubbles or theres not enough force to push the water or something. makes me kinda worried.

because of this, i suspect its the reason why half the tank of my life stock died...
    i'm using the same filter as you. definitely not the reason why half of your tank died. did you rinse the media before using it?
    also you should allow enough time for beneficial bacteria to build up before introducing your livestock.

i dont prime it by moving up and down the handle, i feel that it is too fragile.
    i prime it the eheim classic way, drink some tonic water, and you'll not get any bubbles in your filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Make sure it's air tight over the intake side. Use hose clamp if needed

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Firstly, is this a new or second hand filter with used media?

Secondly, the bubbles you see is the rush of air bubbles being released, which were trapped within the filter chamber when you first closed the lid. To expel the air just tilt the filter in one direction to allow the air to escape faster. You have to do this as any trapped air can cause issues with the impeller later on. I would suggest that you open the lid too if you can to inspect the impeller and whether you placed the trays right. If the impeller is sitting wrongly, this can lead to serious issues later on. The trays should also sit in the proper alignment as per the user manual. Some years ago when I got my first canister filter, in my haste I put the trays in wrongly and the water flow was impeded somewhat. Did not damage the filter but made me feel like a noob.

Thirdly, if your tank and filter are brand new and just set up, overstocking the tank in the early stages before cycling is complete will result in most of the livestock dying off. If this is the case, be patient and let the tank cycle as per normal. Once the cycling is complete (nitrite = 0 ) , you can introduce livestock in stages.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.