Images
    Country
    Singapore

help needed!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i intend to shift my 2ft, 20gal tank to another location cos feel that the present support is not very structurally sound.
    Would it be ok if i were to siphon out water to 10% and then carried it to the new location and then pour back the water? Would the base of the tank able to withstand the 10% wt? mine is an ordinary silicone glued glass tank.
    Is there any other better shifting procedures?
    thanks.

Feedback Score
    it all depends on how u shift the tank. danger arises if you happen to allow the tank to exert too much weight on one region, then --->CRACK. If u can garuantee yourself that will not happen, then by all means. best to get more ppl to help haul the tank, its gonna be dangerous if you lose grip by yourself. Base substrate will weigh more than 10% of the total weight, so do take note. The silicon should hold..
    Do be careful!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    peter, it will be better if you can drain away as much water possible, to give extra support while carrying, place the tank on a timber plank and use a trolley. Water remaining in the tank will cause the gravel to shift, so its gonna be messy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thank you all, bros.

ya, i think it is gonna be messy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Before draining out the water into pails (for reuse later), try to catch out the bigger fish. Get someone to help you in the shifting. And be careful.

I have done it for a shorter 2ft tank. And moved it from Woodlands to Seng Kang. It helped that the bottom were all hair grass holding the substrate in place. I had newspaper over the plants to keep it moist. At Seng Kang, the tank was filled with the salvaged water and the new owner got an instant planted tank.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks