Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Please comment on this tank

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Please comment on this tank

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi... finally found a way to upload my pictures to this forum.
    Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,229
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore
    I must say the HG is gorgeous. All looks great except the big leafed plants on the left which do not quite belong to the tank. Just my silly view.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by FC
    I must say the HG is gorgeous. All looks great except the big leafed plants on the left which do not quite belong to the tank. Just my silly view.

    Now since you brought it up....they look a bit out of place....hmmmm.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore
    I wouldn't say its out of place... you need some plants there to balance the scape.

    I would say it's the wrong plant... you need something that complements the plants on the right side of the tank.... unfortunately, it may have to be the same plant...
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    9,210
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    371
    Country
    Singapore
    I think its becoz the center portion is left empty making the left look out of place

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore
    If Mike fills the left with a smaller stand of Crypt balansae and have their leaves curve over the middle portion, it will give the scape a good sense of depth.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Beauty World
    Posts
    7,114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    789
    Country
    Singapore
    The Cryptocoryne balansae looks so healthy! The tank seems "heavy" to the right though.

    Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,240
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    141
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    If Mike fills the left with a smaller stand of Crypt balansae and have their leaves curve over the middle portion, it will give the scape a good sense of depth.
    Agreed with vinz, that would work.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei Miao
    Agreed with vinz, that would work.

    Good suggestion... I was thinking of having lotus only plants on the left but the space in the middle does'nt seems to connect them. I have a couple more RED Lotus just behind the moss...waiting for them to grow and see if they can connect the balancae and the lotus. I was hoping for the moss to grow to form something like a mountain range to fill the gap...but my sae are chewing them.

    Now the right side is getting too heavy..... may need to trim them this weekend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,229
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore
    I am silly in aquascape. Yes, that's what I mean, the plant does not fit to the main theme.

    Vinz, yap, like Juggler had done for his office's tank, crypt would be great. Remove all non-hiar grass plants on the left, position the crypt at mid ground and 1/3 left of tank. Just my humble imagination, I think it would create both dept to the aquascape and space for the dragon. But then, I am not good in this, I could be wrong .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    If Mike fills the left with a smaller stand of Crypt balansae and have their leaves curve over the middle portion, it will give the scape a good sense of depth.

    Vinz...what do you think if I move my lotus to the middle and have balansae on both sides?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha... you have the same problem as me... want to use a certain plant, but it won't quite fit in the layout.

    Hmmm... for what i had in mind to work, there must be an empty space under the arch of C. balansae leaves. It gives depth by giving the peception of a "doorway" to into a new space. It makes you think that there's a space behind that 'doorway".

    If you put the lotus between the Crypts, it'll be a different effect... and I'm not sure if it'll look nice. I think it might work if you put the lotus in midground, and 1/3 along the length from the right of the tank.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by FC
    I am silly in aquascape. Yes, that's what I mean, the plant does not fit to the main theme.

    Vinz, yap, like Juggler had done for his office's tank, crypt would be great. Remove all non-hiar grass plants on the left, position the crypt at mid ground and 1/3 left of tank. Just my humble imagination, I think it would create both dept to the aquascape and space for the dragon. But then, I am not good in this, I could be wrong .
    It's not silly... it's a good call in my opinion. What you have describe is close to what I have in mind.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro, Your HG look very nice. I have HG too but it does not turn out to be so green, can help me on HG??Can share with me your water parameter? Like PH, Light, water temp etc. And do you have any special need for HG to grow so well?? Pls help, Thanks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by planter
    Bro, Your HG look very nice. I have HG too but it does not turn out to be so green, can help me on HG??Can share with me your water parameter? Like PH, Light, water temp etc. And do you have any special need for HG to grow so well?? Pls help, Thanks
    PH=6.5
    Light 400W
    Temp=25 degrees celcius
    lots of liquid fert.
    cheers.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Uganda
    Very nice.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    4
    Country
    Singapore
    Very impressive. Keep up the good work.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by livingstone
    Very impressive. Keep up the good work.

    Thank you.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    6
    Country
    Singapore
    The cryto on the right looks very healthy. However, it will have underground runners and the tank will not look as neat as before. A lot of work (unless you enjoy it) will be involved in maintaining excessive growth. my 1 cent of thought.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat
    The cryto on the right looks very healthy. However, it will have underground runners and the tank will not look as neat as before. A lot of work (unless you enjoy it) will be involved in maintaining excessive growth. my 1 cent of thought.

    Yes...I usually check on them and weed them out. Having a good planted tank means pruning and trimming... I dont believe in leting them grow wild to acheive "jungle" look.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •