Very neat, add more plants to the back and fore.






Very neat, add more plants to the back and fore.




Soothing to look at.

Yup. Add in more plant. Your tank will look great when your plant grow denser!![]()

Maybe you can add a black background, plus more high background plants too...looks great!!
Aquatic Dreams
Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands
Contact Us: [email protected]
Website: http://www.aquaticdreams.com.sg
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

ya agree with you guys , need more plant for background and fore.
but it seem to me that sagittaria in the fore ground are very slow in growth.
have to wait till they cover up the whole fore ground.

here is the update of the tank.
added a moss wall to it
before and after.
![]()
Last edited by benny; 6th Nov 2007 at 11:11. Reason: fix image link

Looks even more lush and green!! I like it! The Harlequin rasboras are schooling pretty tight too!
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?





What a beautiful tank; Lush greens compliment by the striking red leaves of the lotus.
I prefer the setup without the moss wall though as it offers more depth (You can use a dark color background wall paper instead of moss wall to cover the ‘emptiness’), just my personal view.
Anyway, who am I to critic a master piece? Nice job!

Why the lonely M. boesemani and P. denisonii? They would definitely do better in numbers, and provide more interests visually. The school of T. heteromorpha works very well in this scape.
IMHO, individually, they don't seem to fit the scape, but are rather distracting, and everytime I looked at the scape, my focus were on them instead.

can't help it , the denisonii use to be one pair and that belong to my finance minister.one of them pass way.
Boeseman is my first fish when i stayed plant tank.
T. heteromorpha , they like to school in the midle
and the rammy nose like to school at the bottom of the tank.
they balance up the tank.![]()
Last edited by stmoo; 6th Nov 2007 at 13:53.

more update on the picture of the tank and fishes
left side
right side
Java fern
red lotus
rasboras
rummy nose
![]()





Well done! I think you should leave it as it is and just give the usual maintenance.

Looking even more impressive indeed. Really like the lush green effect with a dash of red.
This is the kind of aquascape that I would love to come home to after a day at work.
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

very nice! simple and soothing to see
Cheers,
Andrew



hi,
just like to wonder how do you maintain such a beautiful tank?
I tried planted many times, but all destroyed by blue gree algae etc.
cheers
ronig





Simply beautiful!
Bro, can share what wattage of light you are using?
Adoketa, Breitbinden, Paciquamis, Diplotaenia, Elizabethae, Mendezi, Inka, Agassizi, L046, L066, Crystal Red Shrimps

tank size : 4x 1.5x 2H
external filter : Eheim 2028
Co2 : 3bps into DIY reactor
light: 4x 36W PL + fan ( 7.30 am to 9am) ( 4pm to 10pm)
Temp : +_26C
base fert : JBL AquaBasis plus
liquid fert : Lushgrow- 3ml /week
water change 40% every 3-4weeks( when water is abit yellowish
)
once after setting up the planted tank, just leave it to grow and be more patient on it. initial set up the tank is quite bare.
Last edited by stmoo; 12th Apr 2010 at 08:47.
Bookmarks