Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 3ft Re-scaping

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia

    3ft Re-scaping

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi guys...
    I'm still learning to scape, just to share with you and maybe get some of your opinion. Enjoy....

    The very first setup
    New3feetm.JPG

    Then, last Sunday, re-scaped...
    rescape.JPG

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    263
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Thumbs up

    nice work bro, keep it up
    its very good for a begginer

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks,bro. But frankly speaking, I'm still not fully satisfied. Guess just need to wait till it's matured and see how. May have 3rd round...hehe.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cck
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro, I think its a good start with limited plant choice & resources in JB. We love your planted tank & I 'm now working towards it also. Keep up the good work with minimum cost. Never give up.......
    With Humble Regards,
    MartinTing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by mtinghl View Post
    Hi bro, I think its a good start with limited plant choice & resources in JB. We love your planted tank & I 'm now working towards it also. Keep up the good work with minimum cost. Never give up.......
    Thanks bro, I'll remember that. Hope your tank will be better than mine, I'm looking forward for your tank to bloom too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    i like the original scape more

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by a4su View Post
    i like the original scape more
    Thanks for the comment a4su, but the problem with the first scape is that i cant enjoy the back ground plant as it's blocked by the hanging driftwood. That's one of the reason why i re-scaped.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    392
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice start bro!
    Paul Apisto Noobie

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks, any opinion craftsman? I think maybe lesser variety of plants?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    392
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyTing View Post
    Thanks, any opinion craftsman? I think maybe lesser variety of plants?
    Hi Eddy,
    Variety of plants is ok. Just a couple of thoughts from me.

    1. your scape has a very "organised" look... perhaps too orderly. You can try and "mess" it up a little to simulate a more natural order of things.

    2. you planted some background plants (I think Rotala?) on the front right foreground. This will hide your right rear once it starts to mature. You might like to begin shifting background plants to the rear of the tank.

    3. Find a good focal point for your tank. You might want to consider having your focus on the centre, or right, or left. But once you decide that, build your plants to that focus point. For example, you might have a BIG rock/drift wood on your left side of your tank. You can consider planting your background plants densely behind your rock, and your mid ground plants around and beside your rock, and your foreground plants in front of the rock/driftwood. This will help focus attention to the rock/driftwood on the left side. (This is just an example.....hope you can understand what i'm getting at)
    At this juncture, I couldn't find a focus point in your tank. Just lots of green plants. You might like to use your moss on driftwood as your focal point, and put all your background plants behind it.
    4. More foreground plants might be nice. Maybe hairgrass or HC.

    ok.. thats some thoughts from me.
    Paul Apisto Noobie

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Hi Eddy,
    Variety of plants is ok. Just a couple of thoughts from me.

    1. your scape has a very "organised" look... perhaps too orderly. You can try and "mess" it up a little to simulate a more natural order of things.

    2. you planted some background plants (I think Rotala?) on the front right foreground. This will hide your right rear once it starts to mature. You might like to begin shifting background plants to the rear of the tank.

    3. Find a good focal point for your tank. You might want to consider having your focus on the centre, or right, or left. But once you decide that, build your plants to that focus point. For example, you might have a BIG rock/drift wood on your left side of your tank. You can consider planting your background plants densely behind your rock, and your mid ground plants around and beside your rock, and your foreground plants in front of the rock/driftwood. This will help focus attention to the rock/driftwood on the left side. (This is just an example.....hope you can understand what i'm getting at)
    At this juncture, I couldn't find a focus point in your tank. Just lots of green plants. You might like to use your moss on driftwood as your focal point, and put all your background plants behind it.
    4. More foreground plants might be nice. Maybe hairgrass or HC.

    ok.. thats some thoughts from me.
    Now that is what i was hoping to get...thanks a lot craftsman....I'll remember your advices and try to think towards that direction in my next re-scape....it was just re-scaped, so, giving it a chance to bloom first...
    Thanks again...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    392
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyTing View Post
    Now that is what i was hoping to get...thanks a lot craftsman....I'll remember your advices and try to think towards that direction in my next re-scape....it was just re-scaped, so, giving it a chance to bloom first...
    Thanks again...
    Have fun.
    Paul Apisto Noobie

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bukit batok
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    nice bro,

    thanks for sharing .

    keep update .
    Everyday is a learning day , No one can stop a learning Man.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    JB
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by rayade76 View Post
    nice bro,

    thanks for sharing .

    keep update .
    Thanks, I will. I'm planning for a Canon 870 IS to get some nice shots of it too.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Junhong View Post
    Nice tank bro... cheers!
    Thanks, I'll appreciate more if you guys would give more comments. I still feel I've much much more to learn....I wont get angry or discouraged...promise...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •