throw in some snails?




Hi all
My present 6ft tank is situated near to the window and there is afternoon sun. I clean my tank weekly with the magnetic cleaner but it fail to get rid of some of the stubborn green algae stain on it. As CNY is near the corner, I would like to give my tank a fresh look by removing it. Please advise me on what can I do to remove them.. Happy CNY in advance..
Thanks
Koolman




throw in some snails?


Buy some SAE? They do good with algae... Or snails as hellomyfriend suggested.



get a few suckerfish(pleco).

All else fails, use a boxcutter blade.
im in a similar situation, my tank is in the balcony under window. I use a toothbrush for tight spaces and a big scrub for larger surfaces. the scrub is those with very dense, hard bristles, can buy at budget shops at 80c or a dollar...

Seems like the expired credit card trick is being forgotten....
If that fails, try getting melamine foam from Daiso....
my tank used to have those stubborn green spots too. been sourcing around for solutions like using snails, SAE, brush, blade, credit card, lime whatever still can't get rid of them in a fast and efficient way. so since i am restarting the tank, i used those green bottle cleaning solution, cost $2 i think, that is used for cleaning toilet bowl and squeeze the solution around the tank's wall and leave it for awhile before i use a sponge to gently clean it. in fact you don't even need to use sponge, just wash with water will do. everything gone in a non-tiring way. of course you have to rinse with water to get rid of any remaining of the cleaning solution and this method is for non setup tank.




Does Snail really helps.. I do have snail grow in my tank but it doesnt help at all..
I am keeping monster fishes so Im afraid that they will become my fishes food.. keke
I kept L190 and L80 before but doesnt help at all.
Will this scratches my tank??
The height of my tank are quite deep, I dont think that I could reach it with my arms.. How I wish I am fantastic four rubberman.. Keke
I will try to get the melamine foam but need to see how to reach the mid of my tank..
No way.. My fishes are inside the tank unless you say that it is a totally empty tank..
Thanks all for the reply.. I will have to see what can I do..
Bookmarks